The Management How-To for Collaborative Teams
A collaborative management style is a productivity powerhouse, provided you have the tools to create it. Those tools include organizational team-building techniques, as well as workspaces that support face-to-face interactions. Management consultant Tallyfox.com offers these insights to help build a collaborative team environment:
- From the start, state the team’s goals and each team member’s role. Communicate clearly so there’s no duplication of effort.
- Institute a flexible and supportive leadership style that focuses on both relationships and tasks. An encouraging environment brings out the best in your team.
- Foster a spirit of trust and respect. If team members feel their voices will be heard, they can address issues quickly before they sabotage the work.
- Bring team members together outside the workplace in social settings. Create a feeling of family to build team cohesiveness.
- Encourage the team to expand their knowledge base through seminars and training. Increased expertise can help the team execute better as a whole, while making each member feel valued.
- Give the team the tools to get the job done. E-devices and specialized software are part of the productivity picture. The other part is a built environment that promotes teamwork via adaptive furnishings. Reconfigurable workspaces facilitate face-to-face interactions, then transform quickly into private spaces as needed.
Are you building collaborative teams in your business? Talk to a design consultant about interior environments created for collaboration.
Photo © boggy/Fotolia.com